- Linux Wayland and 32 Bit or 64 Bit
The Linux display server protocol Wayland is now supported. Tested together with Gnome 3.22.2.
As in Helen 2.5 there are two Linux Intel packages with embedded Java runtime, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit. To determine whether your Linux kernel is 32- or 64-bit, you can issue uname -m on the command line. The result x86_64 means a 64-bit kernel and i686 a 32-bit kernel. If you don't mind to edit a configuration file you can of course always use the install package without bundled Java runtime instead.
- Windows 10
Windows 10 is now also supported. Especially the displays on high-density displays under Windows 10 is now longer showing an extremely small scaled, barely readable UI.
- Mac OS X 10.11
Helen 2.7 now supports OS X 10.11 Starting with Helen 2.5 Mac OS X 10.6 or older are no longer supported due to technical reasons. If you use Mac OS X 10.6 or older please use a previous Helen version. Like in the version before, Helen for Mac bundles now a version of the Java Runtime, an installed version of Java on the system is not required.
- Solaris version again
Due to user requests there is again a Solaris 11 Intel package.
- Helen 2.7 comes bundled now with JRE 1.8_112
Helen is available in different packages. The install packages with bundled Java Runtime Environments (JRE) are coming now with the JRE 1.8_112. Such packages exists for different system architectures and operating systems:
• Windows Family (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7)
• Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
• Linux Intel 32 Bit
• Linux Intel 64 Bit
• Solaris Intel
There is also an install package without bundled JRE available. JavaHelp 2.0_05 is included.
- Create entries in table of contents, index, and map via context menu
If you select one or more words in the WYSIWYG design view, the selected text can be added to TOC, index, and map by using the context menu item "Add Entry...".
A dialog opens where you can control what entries are added to TOC, index and map.
In the ComboBox for the map items all entries referencing the edited HTML topic are shown. But the ComboBox is editable and therefore, a completely new entry to the map file can be created.
If an anchor is specified, the selected text is marked with this anchor and the map item references exact this position.
- Suppressing the Generation of an Appendix when Exporting HTML or PDF Documents
Sometimes there are pages that are not referenced in the TOC, but can be reached by clicking on links. These files must be somewhere in the resulting PDF document, therefore an 'Appendix' is created. The generation of this appendix can now be suppressed in the export dialog box.
- Display of Invisibles (Formatting Characters)
Page breaks, Paragraphs, and sections breaks are called inisibles because you can't see them by default. Now you can make this formatting characters visible by a toolbar button. The icon of the button looks like:
- Fixed Problems
- Fixed: High density displays under Windows 10 are showing extremely small scaled, barely readable UI (text, icons and so on)
- Fixed: Preview application does not start under Mac OS X
- Fixed: Links to wrong pages after exporting PDF from Helen using HTML originally generated by Word
- Fixed: image caching bug, e.g. if you use PDF creation via RMI in a Jetkins CI scenario.
- Fixed: copy and paste within the Code panel duplicates the paste (it pastes the copy text twice).
- Fixes: PDF export of tables improved
- Fix: HTML copy / paste of specific kind of images under Windows
- PDF/HTML export: support of links that are referencing external sites
- If the cursor was on a link when switching from WYSIWYG design view to code view the link was split.
- Occasionally the preview application wasn't shutdown completely.
- The CSS code editor sometimes threw an exception with specific CSS content.
- It wasn't possible to add rows in the table editor if the table contained <colgroup> and <thead> tags.
- Changes in the HTML code editor now mark always the document as dirty to avoid loosing changes.
- The hang when exporting HTML from Helen if multiple resources have the same name is fixed.
- A problem in the library s7rmtctrl.jar for the remote control of Helen via RMI (Remote Method Invocation) is fixed.
- The <sub> and <super> tags are displayed correctly in a exported PDF file.